Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Design Persona

Me and the World

Hello my name is Clara Minette de Haan. I am originally from South Africa, but have been living in New Zealand for the past eight years. I am also quite multi-cultural as I have ancestry roots going back to Europe: Germany on my mothers’ side and the Netherlands on my dads’ side. This made me gain interest into all different cultures, especially European cultures. One day I would love to travel the world and experience all these different cultures for myself rather than being told about them or reading about them.

I was very young when I first got into design/art. It had all started when I went to this craft group every week with a few of my friends many years back. It was a way for me to express myself to others, as I have never been very good with words. Back then it was always just a hobby to me because I never thought that it was something that I could do professionally. Ever since I knew this was actually possible I have wanted to go study design and make a career out of it. It is a serious passion of mine.

Although I know that I want to study design I am not sure what career field I would most like to go into so I am taking all the core courses to find something that truly speaks to me.

I don’t know of many designers that I found interesting or had really inspired my work throughout my years at school. Though one artist who did catch my attention was Cate Parr, I think that the work she has done is amazing. So this year I intend on finding many more artists/designers that are inspiring to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment