Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

300 Words

The Clip

I am majoring in industrial design so I looked into how mass produced objects/items becomes something unique to its owner. This is shown through how its owner treats their object eg: drops it and it gets a crack or scratch marks. If they chose to make it their own through drawing on it or decorating it to show their own personality/identity in their object. I believe that through consumerism that most objects/items that are mass produced develops its own personality and attachment to their owner as time goes on because the consumer has their own unique identity that this is shown through their objects/items. These small decorative qualities are not for the wider consumer (the whole) but just for that consumer whose object it is as they have journeyed and developed an attachment/bond to that object. I also believe that all mass produced objects should benefit society for a purpose that human interaction with that object/item becomes unique to those who are interacting with that object eg: memories made through using that object/item. I am also very big on aesthetics of and object/item because that is usually what attracts the consumer in to buy it.
So I want to try and show this in my process as well as in my clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment