Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Interaction - Creative Coding 142

Development...

Presentation:

Changed the code so that the creatures has a tail. I also changed the creatures to different sizes as not all creatures are the exact same size. And changed the background to black as to represent space as I found that the tail made the creatures look like comets.

Colours:
When the scene is clicked the creatures/comets would become angry/misbehave. I found that the these warm colours illustrated the heat of comets.


Experimented with the background colour just to see what it would look like to have it a lighter colour.
It looked alright, but when I clicked the colour just didn't match. So I scratched this idea.

I then experimented with the keyboard keys so that when you click any key the comets would appear instead of clicking. I also changed the expressive colour to just red so that I didn't have a whole pallet of colours.

I change the command back to clicking as I thought it gave a more aesthetically pleasing image.


I decided that my interaction needed more commands so I added in keyboard commands so that when you press the arrow keys the comets would move up, down, left and right. And you could always move it back as the comets don't disappear but only disappear from the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment