Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Development - Interactive Design 112

Development...

Prototype Models:


This is a quick sketch up prototype to see whether my idea of a conveyer belt picture book would work. I first tried tissue as is a softer material so that it would rotate easier but that didn't work because of trying to connect the ends. By connecting the ends together it created a thicker and heavier part and thus didn't rotate. So next I tried it through using a bit of plastic and double sided tape and a piece of paper over top so that the tape wouldn't stick to anything because I wound the tape right round this time. It worked before I put the base with the structure. I took it to class to see what I could do to make it rotate and after discussing this with my tutor and a few of my class mates we came to the conclusion that all my model needs are rubber bands for grip.


While experimenting with my conveyer belt idea I thought of one of those games at a carnival where things pop up and you try and shoot them. So I made a very quick and simple mock up to show my idea in physical form. I want to make the interaction part so that you press down on a lever type thing so that the picture on the end of the lever pops up and you can see it through the holes cut out. I plan to random-nise these holes to make for a more unique experience.

Pictures/Images:

No I wanted to explore what pictures/images I could use. I thought of making some photos happy and others scary. Through one of my design lectures this semester the lecturer was talking about illusions and I thought that optical illusions would be good images to use as it makes the user think.

No comments:

Post a Comment