Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Exploring Texture - Interactive Design 112

Exploring the World of Texture
I decided that I wanted to look more into texture. Texture definitely has some really interesting aspects to it. For example everything has a texture, but finding an interesting texture to work with is a little but harder. It has so many possibilities. I had the idea to work with a cube and add different textures around the cube on sides with thread, wire, fabric etc.
After talking to my tutor she suggested that I should think more about how the interaction takes place. Like instead of just playing around with it in your hands you could make it so that you stick your hand in a tangled mess inside a box or a tangled mess inside a hat. Also that it could help if I stuck to only one or two materials for the actual textures.
I thought that rubber bands could create an interesting feeling if it was placed on your head (sort of like a head massager or something).
So I started to experiment using rubber bands to create my idea into something physical, but unfortunately though many tries I couldn't get it right. I made one thing and when that did not work I broke it down and tried a different approach. I retried this about 4 times till I had run out of ideas. The final model I tried failed too and decided that I should look back and think about what I really want to do. Here are photos of my final tries...


No comments:

Post a Comment