Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Function vs Fun - Interactive Design 112

Function and Fun Items

We were told to bring 2 items into class. One item had to be an interactive functional object and the other item to be an interactive object that is used for recreational purpose. So I brought a pill cutter for the functional item and a mini magnetic snakes and ladders game for the recreational item. I chose the pill cutter because it is something I use every single day and it serves a very useful purpose for me as I am unable to swallow large tablets. I chose the snakes and ladders game because it is a lot of fun to play and easy to take along with you, especially on holidays and road-trips as it is so small. I always take it along with me when I go away and everyone loves playing it as normal cards can get boring after a while. Again it was interesting to see what everyone else brought along for their items. After we had all discussed our items we sorted them into different groups when certain items related to each other. Then in pairs we chose four of the few groups and we noted down the relationship that that group had to each of the 5 senses.


The groups of items...

No comments:

Post a Comment