Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Interaction With Object - Interactive Design 112

The Interaction with my Object...

I designed my object into a box so that someone's first impression of the box wont be much as well as choosing black to make it more inconspicuous and darken the inside. Yet my box holds many experiences. It is something small yet not big so that it is a good size to just pick up and hold in your hands. After testing my object with a few people they all look inside first which was what I intended for due to my main sense being vision/sight. Then I found that they would either put it to their ear and shake it slightly or they would stick one finger in the hole to see what it actually is.

The Experience:

Sight;

Looking from afar.

Looking in closely.

Listen;


Touch;


The Object:

Outside;

The form and showing the hierarchy point which is the hole that is the point where most of the interaction with the object takes place.

Inside;

What is hidden inside the box. I also placed a mirror at the back for depth. I found that when you look from afar you see what is inside, but when you look in close I found that you look past the strings and into the mirror thus creating an illusion in itself (reference to earlier exploration into pictures and images).

200 Word Description:

My object relates to the sense of vision/sight but also to the sense of touch and sound. I made my object into a plain cubed box as to maximise the experience as it is what is inside the box that counts most. I also made my object a good size that makes it comfortable to pick up and play around with in your hands. My object creates a unique experience for its users through invoking these senses. Through sight the object creates a unique experience for something that you would not have guessed to see or experience in such a small enclosed area. A unique experience is felt through touch is felt by the thread bearing mysterious things. And a unique experience is heard through sound by the mysterious things clanking against each other and their surroundings.
There is no specific way to use this object. Though I would recommend that you look into the box from far away and then closer in. Then I would suggest that you either stick your fingers in and feel around or shake it lightly next to you ear to listen to what you can hear. This way will result in you having the most maximised unique experience from this object that it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment