Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Structure and Noise - Creative Coding 142

Experimenting with Pattern Maker

Triangles:



I wanted to try out new shapes and thought triangles would make an interesting composition. I struggled to get the hang of looping, but by using pattern maker loops it made it easier to create repetition of shapes.

Using Random Function:


Here I used pattern maker for both circles and rectangles. Except for the rectangles I used the random function to change the widths and lengths. I kept the circles because I thought that the circles with the rectangles made a very structured and abstracted composition.

Overlapping Patterns:

Here I created my code so that all circles overlap each other. And so I experimented with stroke to see what happened when the opacified circles overlap each other.

Here I used a thin stroke. This made me think of a chain linked fence. Where the circles overlap it made a sort of criss-cross pattern and the sort of oval shapes create four leafed flowers making it quite aesthetic. 

Here I used a thicker stroke. I prefer the thicker stroke as it is bolder and louder. I found that the parts where the circles overlap made little pointy leafed flowers which I liked a lot and that it is darker.

To make my composition of circles more interesting I decided to add in squares. This gave it quite a  mosaic look about it. The thinner stroke enhanced this look whereas with a thicker stroke...

... made a really awesome pattern, almost like wall paper. The opacity makes the true green colour come through more and creates an aesthetic layering.

No comments:

Post a Comment